Sunday, October 27, 2013

Classical


Justin and I got a chance to go to a symphony this weekend. I had been craving for an inspiring classical concert for a while now, and not that there is no ways to attend one in Seattle, of course not. :) But these tickets jumped right in our hands, and it was something completely new to us -- Tacoma Symphony which we have never heard before. And another unexpected thing was that Tacoma Symphony is at this time in the process of choosing (interviewing) their next music director/conductor since maestro Harvey Felder is retiring after 18 years of great work taking the orchestra to a new level.





The concerts take place in a historical theater in the old part of downtown with lots of theaters, museums, restaurants and antique shops all around. I just love this place! The building is beautiful inside and out. Just look at the gorgeous details...



I chose a Zebra cold shoulder dress by Chico's for the evening. I bought it a year ago and wore it for the first time last night! Same goes for my Umberto Raffini shoes, but the way... I guess I did not have any fancy occasions to wear these beautiful suede wedges with leather soles. They are so elegant and classy, and at the same time extremely soft and comfortable. 





Maestro Kevin Rhodes absolutely took our hearts. He has this American showman in him which is, I have to admit, so far, far away from my Russian soul. But the pieces he picked for the concert (Shuman, Bruch, Rachmaninoff), the way he was able to bring such intricate feelings out of the musicians he knew for only a week (the time of his interview), his personal energy, sense of humor and quite a vision he has for music... it all was incredible, and I am willing to bet he will get the job. He is quite phenomenal. And so is the orchestra, by the way. I had no idea what to expect. They are beautiful musicians, no doubt in that.






Location: Tacoma downtonw

Suede jacket by Bernardo (via Nordstrom, old collection). Dress, earrings (I also wore them here) and necklace by Chico's. Clutch by Cole Haan. Wedges by Umberto Raffini (via The Walking Company). Lipstick - Bordeaux by Rimmel

4 comments:

  1. Elegant, adventurous, sophisticated, and edgy ... just like the evening's music ... this is a really wonderful outfit. And if ever I doubted whether or not shoes can make an outfit work or not, this pair convinced me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are the best! :) It was a truly magical evening, thank you (and your friends) for it! :)

      Delete
  2. This is a very beautiful dress, Natalia! Great choice for such an event. Love its print and the way it looks on you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Спасибо большое, Оленька! Иногда так хочется нарядиться - помада, каблучки... эх! :))

      Delete