Friday, December 20, 2013

Let It Snow: Part 1


Part 2 is here.

I woke up this morning while it still was dark outside, though something was noticeably different when I glanced over toward the window, looking to see what time it was. I looked back again. It was nice and white, and even though the sky was still dark above my head, above our little cottage, above the whole town and the Sound, the ground was light, covered with little sugar coating. SNOW!! First one this year. I am so happy to live in our mild climate. I am happy that snow here by the coastline is mostly decorative and usually melts by noon.
When my family woke up, Anna and I picked a couple of outfits to show off in this lovely little snow. Justin suggested that we take photos as soon as we can - and he was right. Everything melted just a couple of hours later!






  







All the stuff is quite old here! The newest item on me are the pair of earrings which I got for about $6 just a few weeks ago. The rest of the outfit is a few years old. :) Still love these things though! And I am also in love with Anna's garments by Hanna Andersson. They are very high quality and fun colors, and so very smartly designed to "grow" with your child! Most of their stuff, my daughter wears for years (3 or 4 years in a row, and Anna grows very fast, let me tell you!). 

On me: 
Poncho and tee by Chico's (very old). Gloves by Lane Bryant (so old that I even forgot that I have them) Leggings (jeggings) by Hue (bought in the Fall and wear them lot - sooo comfy!). Earrings by Chico's. Boots by Pajar (Canadian company - very nice quality boots, comfortable and warm! bought at The Walking Company specializing in comfortable shoes, 7 or 8 years ago)

On Anna:
Winter coat, dress and tights by Hanna Andersson (old), boots by Bear Paw via Famous Footwear.

4 comments:

  1. This is perfect decorative snow for photography. Easy walking and driving, but pretty white dusting on everything for beautiful effects. I'm glad we were able to take advantage of it so well. And you both look cozy and festive, which is such a charming part of what this time of year is all about. Merry (almost) Christmas !!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Justin, thank YOU for such a fun photo shoot again! :) It was your idea to shoot in snow! :)

      Delete
  2. Natalia,
    I love this snowy fringed vest! It is funny that I had the same instinct: when it snowed I chose winter white to wear!
    You are lucky that it melted, though!
    XX, Elle
    http://mydailycostume.com/2013/12/winter-white-dress-for-a-holiday-party/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Elle! It's such a fun piece to wear. I just need those looong gloves or arm warmers to complete the outfit! :) You got me thinking... When did I read your post, before or after this shoot? Maybe it was YOU who inspired my decision! :)

      Delete