Sunday, December 29, 2013

Reversible


Unlike my faux fur vest, which I made reversible by getting a pair of scissors in my hands and cutting off the label on the furry insides, this boiled wool jacket was actually meant to be reversible by its designer - the label was attached with only two little stitches on the black side of it. I wear the red side more often. But I see the potential for the black side as well. Most of the times, I wear this jacket with black pants (black linen pants back in October), but I also wore it with a pencil skirt.






  

This outfit feels almost too simple to show in a blog, but I've decided to go with it since it is effective and very festive for this time of year. As shown here, I wore it on the Christmas Eve day. It was a very quiet day for us when Justin, Anna and I enjoyed spending time together, had lunch in one of our favorite Chinese places and went for a walk on the beach. A couple of days before, I wore all the same outfit to my daughter's recital - one of the greatest achievement for the past half a year for her - with one difference: I wore a pencil skirt instead of flare pants. Both look pretty classy. Unfortunately, I don't have a good photo of the other outfit, but I still would like to include a couple of shots from Anna's little, but absolutely fantastic dance studio - it was a big day for our family.


  


Boiled wool jacket in Black/Sultry Red, turtleneck, pants, pencil skirt and necklace by Chico's. Booties by Aquatalia.

Location: Tacoma

1 comment:

  1. Personally, I've always LOVED the way you look in red. It's one of my favorite colors for you. And since black is classic, it's hard to go wrong with such a combination for you. And at this festive time of year, it's just irresistible! :)

    ReplyDelete