Friday, December 2, 2016

Dear December


Hello December, 

You greet me with raindrops falling from your heavy gray sky. With cold outbursts of wind that feel prickly against my cheeks and mess up my hair. With your short, barely noticeable by a night owl light spans. With long dark evenings that remind me why since the beginning of time, people celebrate light in this darkest of all months.


I'm falling into your shady arms like a forest animal falls into hibernation. At first, I try to protest, to deny your black sorcery. At first, I try to pretend that your forceful witchcraft does not have any power over me. But cute cheerful tunes and colorful electric light bulbs are like a field mouse against a wild beast, like a plastered wall against a tornado. 


And I give up my weak ammunition. 
To win you, I need to become you.


Perhaps, these long dark nights are my salvation. I take them in. 


I indulge myself in the long night sleep with the unruly mosaics of dreams that come from the depth of my being to feed my imagination. The long dark evenings call for time well spent indoors - I fill them with the things I love. Reading, writing, creating, celebrating the art created by others. Walking in a dry and warm gym instead of muddy and windy trails. Having plenty of rest and hearty, cozy meals. Listening to those who show me light, so I can find my own light and bring it to others.
  

To win you, I need to become you. 
Strong, willful, independent. 
Insisting, demanding. 
Beautiful. 
Playful - in your teasing sort of way. 


To win you, I need to become you. 
To strip up everything to its bare core. 
To go into the deepest depths. 
And just as you do, bring the light back.

Romper previously shown HERE.

Faux fur coat and romper - Lane Bryant (last winter)
Velvet boots - Ashley Stewart
Purse - vintage
Necklace - Chico's Collectibles (last winter)
Glasses - Christian Siriano for Lane Bryant

Linking up with Tina's Pink Friday

* * *

28 comments:

  1. So playful, in writing and dress, and also so meaningful and soulful!
    Your trademark. xo Jazzy Jack

    ReplyDelete
  2. wowoowowowww!!!!!!!
    magic post! your awesome poetry and this fabulous bohemian outfit!
    i´m very touched! have to read this again and again.
    and i want dress in a romper and furs to dance the long dark nights away..........
    love you! xxxxxx
    p.s.: justin´s photos are pure art!

    ReplyDelete
  3. you write so beautifully....This passage about Winter and our need to embrace in on its own terms was an absolute joy to read. I think that often (being human) we try to adjust everything to fit us...and sometimes we just need to let go and take it all in. It doesn't mean we are giving up on ourselves, it just means that we're aware that there are many ways to live and to be ourselves. I used to a Summer enthusiast (I did always liked Autumn but then again here Autumn is a lot like late Summer) but with time I've learned to really love Winter. Once the weather gets really cold, there is a special stillness, serenity and beauty to nature.

    You look stunning in that romper. Such a fun idea to style for Autumn/Winter weather! I also really like your white fur coat. Perfect styling!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Ivana! Once again, you are a very wise girl!

      Delete
  4. Yes. Something to make the perennial darkness bearable.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love these photos and, BAM, this outfit is magnificent - joyful, carefree. Thank you for these words and images. I know of what you speak living so near. Incessant rain and dark. I try to surrender to this reality with varying degrees of success.

    ReplyDelete
  6. So beautifully written Natalia and you in your romper suit and furry jacket would bring warmth and joy to any damp, dark Winter day. I am all for embracing and enjoying the delights that each season brings and you are too so enjoy each and every moment. Your words (almost) make me wish we were starting Winter here but no I will enjoy some sunshine for a while.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think you decided wisely on enjoying your Summer, Jill! :)

      Delete
  7. What fantastic photos, Natalia - so stylish. It's good to see you, and to find you well and embracing the season! xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am so very happy to see you here again, Curtise! All is well with the blogging world now.

      Delete
  8. fantastic written Natalia ♥️ These pictures and your outfit is magic. Love it! :)
    Many hugs.... Tina

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wonderful photos, so dynamic and eye-catching. Nice work Justin. xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He did pretty good job with his frozen fingers! :)

      Delete
  10. ohhhh, I'm loving every piece, every Word, every color and every inspiring idea!. First, you look gorgeous in your romper and fabulous accessorizing: those boots are stunning and your coat looks lovely!
    And second, I feel encouraged to embrace Winter and enjoy whatever it could offer me, lots of time reading, sewing, cooking and decorating my home!
    (Thanks for introducing me to that marvellous borsch soup! we're huge fans now!)
    besos

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so happy that you love borscht! Yay!! And thank you for your always such kind and encouraging comments!

      Delete
  11. Dearest Natalia,

    I’m sure you could win December with your poetic words and your beautiful outfit! I expecially love your fluffy jacket and your pretty chain. And the wall is a wonderful background for your clothes – color-harmony in perfection!

    Lots of hugs, Traude (who is once again joining the Midlife Fun bloghop)
    http://rostrose.blogspot.co.at/2016/12/bloggertreffen-mit-katzen-mausen-und.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Traude! For joining and for your kind words!

      Delete
  12. Wonderful and daring, and I am not talking only about the clothes.
    Sorry I do not leave comments as often as I would like; although I always visit.
    Mil besos
    XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Sacramento. It is one of my most daring ones, I must agree - the outfit, I mean, but the writing too. :)

      Delete
  13. I LOVE THIS LOOK ON YOU!!!!
    -inmyjoi.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete