Monday, December 26, 2016

Vortex


Time flies in the vortex of festivities - I haven't even noticed how the whole week went by since my last post! Both Anna and Justin are on a holiday break, so we spend lots of time together. We listened to a traditional winter concert at Anya's school, went to one of the most beautifully decorated malls around Seattle, watched a street show with guaranteed "snowfall" as a climax, did some shopping, had a nice Christmas Eve dinner at home, exchanged gifts and went for a long walk on a beautiful trail along Puget Sound on Christmas Day. I like quiet family holidays, it is just my speed. And thanks to the Internet, I can always stay connected with beloved ones who live far away. 


Introducing my suede skirt - quite unexpectedly, in perfect harmony with the holiday whirlwind! I was never a huge fan of fringe, and other than on traditional Russian shawls or things like that, I don't think I have had a fringed clothing item. This skirt felt too pricey for my budget at almost $300 full price, but during a Summer sale it was discounted so much that I ordered it online, thinking that I'd just return it if it didn't work for me. But it turned out to be one of the most flattering skirts that I own - and it has such a beautiful movement, rare for modern clothes (or it's just for my wardrobe?). I think because of its striking movement it is a compliment magnet. We did a short video to capture the movement, but it was too dark outside, so I'm loading more photos than usual in an attempt to show off the fringe.




I have ideas how to style this skirt in a more casual boho way, but you know that I love dressing up, so here is my elegant styling first. I think the stripes play well with the fringe, and I love the 1980s vibe of the blouse with a cheeky bow. I emphasized it with my animal print fur coat and a vintage brooch.









Wishing you the most wonderful time with those who love you!
Happy holidays!

Suede skirt - 6th&Lane (last season)
Blouse - eShakti (sold out)
Coat - Lane Bryant (last winter)
Boots - Aquatalia (last winter)
Purse - Michael Kors
Brooch - vintage via Citizen Rosebud


* * *

18 comments:

  1. Oooohhhhhh Natalia you look fabulous! This fringe skirt with wonderfull blouse is sooo flattering.Perfect pictures to show the movements. Amazing pictures from winter concert. I love festive lights and the sound of live christmas music.
    Happy family time to you Natalia ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. they even got a snegurotchka! :-)
    :-)
    you look soooo gorgeous and that skirt is really stunning! i can totally imagine how it feels walking around in it!! and i see its potenzial too - it goes from very elegant, even evening wear to totally casual, boho&folky or edgy&cool...... fab!
    love your blouse!!
    we are quiet and at home too. weather was really to bad for a hike - so we went to the museum. it was marvelous: http://www.skd.museum/de/sonderausstellungen/das-paradies-auf-erden/index.html
    huge hugs to you!! xxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She does look like Snegurochka!!
      I looked up the link you shared - what a beautiful collection! I would love to spend hours in that museum with you!
      Happy New Year!!

      Delete
  3. You look fabulous and festive. Your Christmas sounds relaxing and special. Give my greetings to Justin as well. Merry Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Merry Christmas and happy New Year from Justin and me!

      Delete
  4. Time flies when we're having fun, doesn't it? I'm certainly glad to hear that you had a lovely Christmas. I celebrated with my husband's family, like every year, lots of brunches, lunches and dinners.

    This skirt is amazing. I love fringes...and the cut is simply perfect. I can imagine how it moves, and to me it seems like the perfect clothing item. I really like your elegant styling. The shirt is lovely and so are the booties. Very feminine and chic! You look fantastic.

    I'm sure that this skirt will look great in boho styling as well...I can't wait to see it.

    I wish you a happy New Year...all the best to you and your family!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Ivana, and all the very best wishes to you and yours!

      Delete
  5. I'm just too tired and in too much pain to read this, my dear, but I want to tell you that I love the blouse. It fits in with my own recent interest in geo-prints and bold colour contrasts. I've got a few blog posts coming up that will compliment your blouse well, I think.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I also got cravings for bold stripes and ordered two blouses at eShakti earlier this year.
      Happy New Year to you, my dear!

      Delete
  6. Looks like a fun skirt to wear! And indeed it suits you so well! I like how you styled it here and am curious to see of more styling. Love the leopard coat! Sorry I couldn't take part in your link up last week. Simply had no time to take festive photos in advance.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Olga, and feel free to join us any time - we stay open for a month! each month! :)

      Delete
  7. I love the drama of that fringed skirt in action, what a fabulous piece.
    Your Xmas sounded lovely, low key and fuss free. Glad you had a wonderful time. xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep, that's our speed - fuss free life. :) Have a wonderful New Year, Vix!

      Delete
  8. Sounds like a wonderful family holiday, and you look gorgeous in this fringed skirt! Thanks for linking up, xo

    -Patti
    http://notdeadyetstyle.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have a skirt almost exactly like this...vintage though.

    http://suzannecarillo.com/wear-fringe-over-40/

    I also have a coat exactly like yours : ) Great minds think alike and all that.

    Happy New Year!

    bisous
    Suzanne

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy New Year, Suzanne! I'm looking forward to see our fringed skirt! You have a gorgeous wardrobe and beautiful sense of style!

      Delete